Friday, July 24, 2009

Roll Out

So the time has come...it's my last day in Roma!

Monday we had red wine tasting...that was an adventure! I usually don't like one but if my grade depends on it, I will like it! We had to swirl it, smell it and then swish it in my mouth for about 30 seconds. At the end of the night, we were all pretty gone and had purple teeth!

Tuesday we went to the Borghese Gallery which is an art gallery within these gorgeous gardens and a zoo! It was nice to finally see some green grass and trees! The gallery had some amazing statues by Bernini so that was really amazing to see. In the evening, we got our free Vespa rides! A vespa is like a scooter which is pretty much the European motorcycle and I want one really badly! We each got a 30 minute ride around Rome and Kendall (one of my friends) even got offered a night ride with dinner...we were a little creeped out, she obviously said no and then we stalked him on the computer and found out he is 41!! Oh Italian men....

Tuesday night we went to an ice bar! Everything was made out of ice, the glasses, the seats the walls...there was even an igloo inside! It was -5 Celsius so we had to wear these silver cloaks...so funny. It was honestly sooooo fun but of course freezing. We were waiting outside until our friends came outside and I guess we were being too loud because a neighbor threw water outside his window and it fell on me!

Wednesday we went to the 3rd holiest church in Rome...St. Paul's Outside the Walls. It is a GORGEOUS church and it is huge! There are pictures of all the popes around the walls and supposedly when they run out of room...thats the end of the world or something like that. Guess we will see! Later that night we went to an opera! The backdrop was the Baths of Caracalla (so basically some really old ruins). It was such a gorgeous backdrop and even though I couldnt understand what the opera was saying, it was still really fun to see.

Thursday we went to Castel St. Angelo and the best part of it was the view of St. Peters! I think yesterday was the HOTTEST day so far because we were all drenched from walking around downtown. We did our last bits of shopping and ate the best lunch! It was at a cute little family owned restaurant and I got Risotto al Salmone..yum! For dinner we had our end of the year BBQ! We all have a huge crush on our cook so it was a nice last meal from him! Everyone ate burgers so I just had some snacks and some wine..haha. It was pretty much our last night to party so we did another pub crawl...oh wow. All they had for unlimited our was cheap wine and beer, so I chose the wine! We went to 3 bars and danced all night but then we were too exhausted to go to the club so we walked our butts home. All in all it was a good night...but I gotta take it slow today haha.

Tomorrow I leave in the morning for London to catch my flight to JFK, stay the night there and then head back to SF on Sunday morning. I can't wait to see my family, friends and Chris when I get back!

Wednesday

1 comment:

Adrienne said...

You wino! I knew you would turn into a wino there! Love it - Can't wait to have a glass with you. I am so excited that you are coming home - can't wait to see you - your 5 weeks in Europe flew by.... see you soon!