Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mosquitos

I have always hated these stupid and pointless creatures! One summer during high school these little brats would come in my room at 4am, buzz in my year and force me to sleep downstairs on the couch...for 2 weeks straight! They would suck my precious blood out of me and be fat until the next night came..I havent had any bad experience with them until now....

I was warned about mosquitos in Rome before I came here but I didnt expect it to be this bad. Thankfully I dont hear their annoying buzz but I probably have about 20 bites on my legs and arms. I wake up in the morning with a new bite every day and I try really hard not to scratch them but some of them are impossible not to! After my nap today I woke up with little bumps all along my arm and I almost cried because I cant handle this crap any longer. Luckily mine arent as bad as some peoples...with puss oozing out or one looking like a second elbow.

Oh and supposedly next week its supposed to be about 40 Centigrade here....which I guess is around 100...but with HUMIDITY!! As you can probably tell...Im pretty home sick today and just want my free water and mexican food.

Oh and today for lunch I finally had someone other than Italian food...we were in the Jewish Ghetto and I had hummus and falafal! I asked for bread to go with my hummus and the menu said it was 1.50....well the bill came and it was 8 orders of bread for 12 euro total!! Wth....so that means one SLICE of bread was 1.50?!?! Wow...waste of money but it was a good lunch!

Tomorrow Im off to the Vatican Museums...so so so excited! Oh and if you read this...please comment cause Im getting lonely with no comments over here in Rome!

3 comments:

Shirley said...

I have really enjoyed reading about your adventures. I don't like mosquitoes either. They love to bite me as much as you. It sounds like you are seeing lots of great places. You will need to do a scrapbook of you travels to share with everyone. Have a great time.

Susan said...

Sorry to hear about the mosquitoes. It sounds like you are having a wonderful time other than the pesky bugs though and it is such a great opportunity for you. I can't wait to see more pictures when you get back.

Adrienne said...

Hilarious - I can totally picture you waking up from your nap almost in tears from frustration! The second elbow thing is even funnier!!!