Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Humboldt is a County?

Whenever anyone asks where I'm from, I just say Humboldt because I doubt they have ever heard of McKinleyville! As times goes on people just assume it's my town rather than the entire county. So this past weekend I http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifbrought Chris up to Humboldt with me for a wedding and when we passed the Humboldt county line I was so excited and he said we're there?! I had to explain to him that we still had anotherrrr hour to go! The drive up was actually not bad at all and we didn't even stop once! I asked Chris what he wanted to eat for lunch.."Meat!" This could only mean one place...Porter Street BBQ. Of course it was delicious! Later that night we went to dinner at my absolute favorite place...TOMO! We had dinner with two of my best friends and one of their boyfriends and the other one's husband (crazy!) It was a dinner full of laughter and I wish the night was longer! I was disgustingly full afterwards but was only in town for the weekend, so I had to get Bon Boniere! I asked for three small scoops and got a huge pile of ice cream in a waffle cone...which I had to scarf down on the way to the movies and we saw The Ugly Truth (I didn't like it but Chris loved it).


The next we cooked breakfast at home and then walked around Farmer's Market on the plaza...I'm sure Chris LOVED that! Then we got ready for the wedding! Erin was my cheerleading coach for two years in high school and we have kept friends ever since! The wedding was GORGEOUS..which was is an understatement. The yard is one of the prettiest I have ever seen and it was a lot of fun. It was nice to see girls from high school that I cheered with and I think Chris had fun out on the dance floor!








On Sunday we went to breakfast at Golden Harvest...delicious! On the way home Chris was so excited to see all the trees that he took lots of pictures haha

3 comments:

alivaux said...

love it!! miss you madly darling. can't wait for your visit!

Adrienne said...

looks like a great visit back home - I would love some Tomo right now!!! mmmm love going home for the food!

Alex and Mitch said...

wish i could've been there!!!! Can you believe I have never been to golden harvest? crazy huh?! Sounds like a fun weekend. you and chris are so cute and i want to meet him sooo bad!!! love you!