Monday, June 02, 2008

Conflicts

Why is it that I do not mind yelling at people at fighting but I hate talking things out? I feel so uncomfortable and awkward and I feel that I cannot defend myself and end up backing away. I have no problem making my points when it becomes escalated and smart aleck but when it is just calm confrontation, I freak out. I feel that I cannot get my points across because I care too much about not arguing that I just resolve things and say everything is alright when actually I hate the situation.

My roommate Kasey and I were best of friends in the beginning of this year. We felt like each other's second halves. During this spring quarter, I have felt a shift in our friendship. She does not talk to me or confide in me very much anymore. We only small talk and I feel that I am the only one who genuinely wants to talk. I hear little stories from Katie, about Kasey, that I have not even heard from Kasey! I just really really hate conflict and I hate awkwardness! I have been meaning to talk with her about it but once again, I get scared and would rather just let things boil over. But then dont'. She texted me this morning and the conversation was weird cause it was over texting and now I don't want to go home!! : (

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

You need to just talk it out - b/c 99% of the time the awkwardness is coming from a small miscommunication! Roommates are hard for everyone! Living with someone is hard! Just wait til your married... lol...

Alex and Mitch said...

Ditto to Adrienne!!! It most likely is some small thing that never got discussed and really all this awkwardness could be avoided if you just talk about things. I know it is hard but you just have got to try! And if things don't get better at least you know you tried. but I am sure they will!!! let me know how things are!

Alex and Mitch said...

Ditto to Adrienne!!! It most likely is some small thing that never got discussed and really all this awkwardness could be avoided if you just talk about things. I know it is hard but you just have got to try! And if things don't get better at least you know you tried. but I am sure they will!!! let me know how things are!